Today is the final installment of our ‘Questions’ series! We’re discussing what you need to know about your DJ or band before you sign the contract.
- Are you available on my event date?
- How long have you been in business?
- How long have you been performing together? If speaking with a band.
- How many events will you perform in a weekend?
- What events do you typically perform for? It’s important to make sure your DJ or band has a lot of experience playing for your type of event. A great wedding DJ may not necessarily make a great bar or bat mitzvah DJ.
- Do you perform at more than one event per day? This is just to check if they will be rushed to get to your event or rushed to leave.
- Can we extend your end time on the day of the event? What is the cost?
- What makes you different from other DJ’s/bands?
- How extensive is your song list? What genres can you cover? Will their songs go along with the genres you’re looking for and the style of your wedding?
- Do you have a backup or replacement plan if someone has an emergency and can’t make my wedding?
- Do you have backup equipment in case of a malfunction?
- Will you also act as the “emcee”? What’s your announcing style?
- What is included in the price? This is an important question if you have a separate ceremony and reception site and you need your DJ or band to travel from one to the other.
- Are there any additional fees we have not discussed?
- Can you provide microphones for speakers and event participants?
Let us know what you think by leaving a comment!