Have you ever wondered what things you should know before hiring your florist? Well, we’ve got you covered. Make sure you know the answers to these questions before you sign that contract!
1.Do you have my date open?
2. Have you done events at my venue(s) before? If not, would you mind taking a look at some pictures to suggest where flowers will look best? Florists can usually recommend the best placement and how they can accent key pieces with florals.
3. How long have you been in business?
4. How many other events will you schedule on the same day? You want to be comfortable with knowing they won’t overbook.
5. What design styles do you work in? This is helpful in determining if their floral designs will match your wedding style and personality.
8. Can you work with my budget?
9. Do you have any recommendations on how to maximize my budget?
10. Can you provide references?
11. Do you provide bouquet preservation services? Or can you recommend someone who does? This is for the brides who want to preserve their bouquets or any florals from the wedding. You absolutely do not have to preserve your bouquet!
12. Do you provide any other decor pieces? This could include aisle runners, candelabras, trees, arches, votives, etc.
13. Do you charge an additional fee for delivery?
14. Do you charge extra for setup and breakdown of floral arrangements?
15. Can you transport my florals between two venues? If you have florals that will be moving from your ceremony site to your venue site, put a plan in place on who will move them. If your florist doesn’t provide this service then ask your wedding planner for suggestions, they can make it happen!
16. Can you be specific with flower types and approximate arrangement dimensions/flower count in your proposal? If you are preparing quotes you want to make sure you’re comparing apples to apples. The type and quantity of flowers makes a huge difference in cost.
Helpful Tips Before Your Meeting
Have your color scheme and wedding style finalized. This will make it easier for your florist to show you examples that would compliment your wedding design. Take a list of your favorite flowers so your florist knows what vision you have. Also, take examples. Your florist will be able to create something similar but that will be unique to your wedding.