As the saying goes – Let Them Eat Cake! However, make sure your baker or cake designer answers these questions before deciding on your wedding day treat.
- Do you have my date available?
- Do you bake your cakes from scratch?
- Will my cake be fresh or frozen?
- How do you price? By the slice? By the design?
- Do you have a minimum order I have to meet?
- Will you deliver?
- What are the delivery and set-up fees?
- What do you do if the cake gets damaged during delivery?
- Do you provide or rent cake toppers, cake cutting utensils, cake stands, etc? What are the prices for those?
- How far in advance should I order my cake?
- How much is the deposit and when is the final payment due?
- How many years have you been in business? Can you provide references?
- Do you have a portfolio I could skim through?
- Do you have any specialties?
- Do you provide custom or set designs? Is there a cost difference?
- What are the flavors and fillings you offer?
- How many flavors and fillings can I choose?
- Do you do cake tastings? Is there an extra charge?
- Do you provide packaging for the top tier? Or do you provide a special anniversary cake?
- Will you provide a mock up of the cake?
There are so many options for wedding cakes now. Do you want fondant, buttercream, or a naked cake? Would you like a 4-tier cake that will feed all of your guests or a small display cake that you use just for the cake cutting tradition? Have an idea of what you would like your cake to look like and the flavors you tend to lean towards before meeting with your cake designer but also keep an open mind to suggestions. After all, they are the cake experts.
Have a question that we didn’t list? Please leave it in the comments!